What version of Windows Media Player is on Windows 10?
Windows Media Player 12
Get Windows Media Player
|Operating system/browser||Player version|
|Windows 10||Windows Media Player 12 Learn more|
|Windows 8.1||Windows Media Player 12 Learn more|
|Windows RT 8.1||N/A|
|Windows 7||Windows Media Player 12 Learn more|
How do I update Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
Follow these steps to re-install Windows Media Player on your device:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Apps > Apps and features.
- Click on Manage optional features.
- Select Add a feature.
- Scroll down to Windows Media Player.
- Click Install (the process might take several minutes to complete)
How do I Install Windows Media Player on Windows 10?
How to install Windows Media Player
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features.
- Click the manage optional features link. Apps & features settings.
- Click the Add a feature button. Manage optional features settings.
- Select Windows Media Player.
- Click the Install button. Install Windows Media Player on Windows 10.
How do I check Windows Media Player version?
To determine the version of Windows Media Player, start Windows Media Player, click About Windows Media Player on the Help menu in and then note the version number below the Copyright notice. Note If the Help menu is not displayed, press ALT + H on your keyboard and then click About Windows Media Player.
Why is Windows Media Player not working on Windows 10?
1) Try reinstalling Windows Media Player with a PC restart in between: Type Features in Start Search, open Turn Windows Features On or Off, under Media Features, uncheck Windows Media Player, click OK. Restart PC, then reverse the process to check WMP, OK, restart again to reinstall it.
Why has Windows Media Player stopped working in Windows 10?
Where is my Windows Media Player?
To find WMP, click Start and type: media player and select it from the results at the top. Alternately, you can right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key+R. Then type: wmplayer.exe and hit Enter.
Why can’t I use Windows Media Player?
From the list of windows features, expand the Media Feature and uncheck the box next to windows media player and restart the computer. Once you restart the computer, try to reinstall windows media player from the same steps given above and check the box next to Windows media player and restart the computer.