How do I write an award winning CV?
What does it take to write an award-winning graduate CV?
- Branding and focus. Your CV should differentiate you, clearly defining your value to an employer.
- Creativity. Modest amounts of colour add visual interest.
- Writing. Focus on breadth of skills, experience and achievements and downplay weaker aspects.
What an amazing CV looks like?
A good CV is clear, concise and makes every point necessary without waffling. You don’t need pages and pages of paper – you just keep things short and sweet. A CV is a reassurance to a potential employer, it’s a chance to tick the right boxes. And if everything is satisfied, there’s a better chance of a job interview.
What is the best CV?
Here are Rita’s top tips for what makes the world’s best CV:
- Give at least one example of how you are motivated, and how you have and will motivate others.
- Mention two activities that demonstrate your personal values.
- Use positive language throughout that indicates a ‘can-do’ attitude.
How should a CV look in 2021?
How to write a modern CV in 2021
- Ditch the objective and replace with a professional summary.
- Take advantage of keywords.
- Utilise your skills section.
- Remove old education dates.
- Be mindful when listing work experience.
- Structure your work experience so it fits the role.
- Remove personal information.
What should a CV look like in 2020?
HR Advisor & Employability Coach at…
- Overview/Summary: Your CV must begin with a strong overview/summary.
- Job Section: Your CV must contain a brief history of your employment.
- Achievements: In every role you list on your CV – mention your achievements.
- Length: Your CV must be succinct and to the point.
What should a basic CV include?
Every CV should include the following sections: Contact Information, Personal Statement, Work Experience, Education, Skills. Additional sections you can put on a CV include: Professional certifications, Hobbies and Interests, Languages, Volunteering, Projects, Publications, Awards and Conferences.