How do I redeem L Infrastructure Bonds 2012?
1) Form of Acceptance duly completed and signed in accordance with the instructions contained therein, by all Bondholders whose names appear on the Bond certificates. You may download Form of Acceptance from Company’s website www.ltinfra.com during Buyback Intimation period. 2) Original Bond certificate(s).
How do I claim an L infrastructure Bond?
You can reach the dedicated Customer Service Help Desk @ Toll free No. (1800-209-4747) during our Office timings and our Executives will be at your service to register your grievance.
What is LT infrastructure Bond?
L Infra has come up with its second tranche of infrastructure bonds. You can invest up to Rs 20,000 to get tax benefits under Section 80CCF. The face value of each bond is Rs 1,000 and you need to subscribe to a minimum of five bonds. Under the annual interest option you are paid an interest at 8.2% per annum.
How do I redeem infrastructure bonds?
Redemption of Bonds The bonds are redeemed on the date of maturity on surrender of the duly discharged bond certificates (by signing on the reverse of the bonds with Revenue Stamp of Re. 1/-) by Registered bondholders. The record date for redemption is one month prior to the deemed date of encashment / redemption.
How do I sell an infrastructure bond?
Here is how to sell tax free bonds
- 1) Call your broker and execute the order.
- 2) Execute the order online.
- 1) Tax free bonds are issued by government companies.
- 2) Interest is tax exempt.
- 3) Free from defaults.
- 4) Can be held in the physical and demat mode.
- 5) Annual payment of interest.
Is interest on infrastructure bonds taxable?
Taxation of Infrastructure Bonds The interest accrued will be added to the individual’s income before being taxed depending upon the individual’s income tax slab. In case the yearly income is lower than Rs. 2500, no tax will be deducted at source.
What happens to infrastructure bonds after maturity?
The bonds have a long maturity period of 10-15 years. However, companies offer a buyback option, wherein the investor can surrender the bonds after five years without sacrificing his interest income. The bonds are listed on stock exchanges and can be traded after the five-year lock-in period.
How do I buy infrastructure bonds?
How to apply
- You can apply online to invest in an infrastructure bond, if you have a demat account.
- You require a demat account and a PAN to trade in infrastructure bonds.
- You can apply for these bonds in the physical form.
- These bonds have a maturity period of 10 years and a lock in period of 5 years.
Is infrastructure bonds tax free?
Section 80C of the Income Tax Act states that investments to the extent of Rs. 20,000 in infrastructure bonds qualify for income tax deduction, but the limit is over and above the Rs. 1 lacs deduction that individuals can claim under Section 80C as they are long-term secured bonds that mature in 10 to 15 years.
How do you liquidate bonds?
How do I cash my EE and E bonds? Log in to TreasuryDirect and follow the directions there. The cash amount can be credited to your checking or savings account within two business days of the redemption date. You can cash paper EE and E bonds at most local financial institutions.
How do infrastructure bonds work?
Bond financing is a type of long-term borrowing that state and local governments frequently use to raise money, primarily for long-lived infrastructure assets. They obtain this money by selling bonds to investors. In exchange, they promise to repay this money, with interest, according to specified schedules.
What are the two benefits of investing in infrastructure bonds?
Infrastructure bonds are good for people who need a fixed income. They offer a decent rate of interest and tax benefits. The maturity of these bonds is often between 10 to 15 years with an option to buy-back after a lock-in of 5 years.