What is the best multi fuel stove to buy?
Stove Supermarket’s Best Multi-Fuel Stoves of 2020
- ACR Rowandale M/F Stove – A stunning, contemporary stove.
- Morso O4 M/F Stove – A stylish, compact stove.
- Morso 3112 Badger M/F Stove – An efficient, cast iron stove.
- Dik Geurts Ivar 5 M/F Stove – A highly efficient, charming stove.
What can you burn in a multi fuel stove?
Multi-fuel stoves are also called mineral-fuel stoves. They can burn wood, smokeless fuel and coal.
How long does a multi-fuel stove last?
What is the lifespan of a wood burning stove? A good quality wood burning stove is said to be able to last 10 – 20 years, with some people even claiming they’ve had the same one for 40+ years!
How do I choose a multi-fuel stove?
However, the key factors to you will need to take into consideration are:
- The Style or aesthetics you desire, simple select Traditional, Contemporary or Modern Traditional on the Product finder.
- Heat output appropriate for the room/space you want to heat.
- Fuel type – wood burning only or multi-fuel.
How do you keep a multi-fuel stove burning all night?
Therefore, to keep a multi fuel stove burning:
- Build and light the best fire possible to get the fire going well and provide a bed of hot coals.
- Warm up the flue if cold to get maximum draft on the stove.
- Ensure that the wood has low moisture content.
- Use hardwood over softwood for longer burning fires between loads.
Can you burn wood in a multi-fuel stove?
Multi-fuel stoves allow you to burn a choice of different fuels. They can burn logs just like a dedicated wood burning stove. But unlike a pure woodburner, they can also burn smokeless mineral fuels when required. Wood burns best on a bed of hot ash, with combustion air igniting the gases in the flames above.
Can a multi-fuel stove get too hot?
If there is an abundance of oxygen and fuel supply, a multi fuel stove can get too hot. Running a stove at high temperatures too often can cause long term or permanent damage over time. A multi fuel stove running too hot will also burn through the fuel much more quickly.