Where do I add shortcode in WordPress?
To use short codes inside your WordPress Widgets sidebar:
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard with your login details.
- In the navigation menu, click “Pages”
- Click the Page you want to edit.
- Click “Text”
- Add shortcode.
- Click “Update” to save your changes. Now you can insert shortcuts into a text widget as well as content.
How do I add icons to my menu in WordPress?
After activating the plugin on your site, go to the Appearance menu > Menus. You’ll see an additional text line “Icon: Select” in each item editing tab. Press Select, then a popup appears and allows you to choose icons as well as configure the size, position, and other options. Then, press Select and save the menu.
How do I add a menu item in WordPress?
Add Menu Items
- Click the + Add Items button.
- Under Pages, you will see a list of your site’s published pages (private pages and draft pages will not appear in the list.)
- If you wish to rearrange the items, click Reorder.
- Click Save Changes to publish the changes to your site.
How do I customize a shortcode in WordPress?
- Step 1: Create the Code. This is where you need to create your functionality.
- Step 2: Save the Code (But NOT in the Functions. php File)
- Step 3: Include Your Custom PHP File. Now we need to tell WordPress where to find your custom shortcode file.
- Step 4: Define Your Shortcode.
- Step 5: Add Your Shortcode.
How do I add a shortcode to my menu?
How to display shortcodes in menu items
- Step 1 – Add a new item to the menu. Create a new Custom Link menu item and position the item within the menu where you would like the shortcode to be displayed.
- Step 2 – Set up the shortcode replacement.
- Step 3 – The result.
How do I add icons to my menu?
Find the right menu and add an icon To add WordPress menu icons, select any of the menu items you already have created. Locate the Icon: Select link. Click on that to navigate to the section to add an icon to that particular menu item.
How do I add a drop-down menu in WordPress?
How to Add a Drop-Down Menu: Step by Step
- Step 1: Create Menu Items. To get started, navigate to Appearance > Menus in your WordPress dashboard.
- Step 2: Set Your Menu Structure. At this stage, your menu is not yet organized.
- Step 3: Add CSS to Your Menu.
- Step 4: Preview Your Menu.
- Step 5: Publish Your Menu.
How do I add a top menu in WordPress?
WordPress: How to add an extra top menu/navbar
- Go to Appearance > Customize in your dashboard as shown below:
- Go to the Layout Options section:
- Select “Add an extra menu to the top” from the options:
- Then click the “Save & Publish” button at the top to save the settings.
How do I use popups in WordPress?
- Upload the ‘popup-anything-on-click’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the “popup-anything-on-click” list plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Check the Popup Anything Menu button and start adding the popup.