How do I find roadside attractions on my route?
Enter your starting point and your destination and the Roadtrippers app (Free in App Store and Google Play) will find you interesting places to stop in between. Pick from categories such as amusement parks, adventure sports, historical markers and hiking, and you’ll see places pop up along your driving route.
What is the most visited place in West Virginia?
15 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in West Virginia
- Blackwater Falls State Park. Blackwater Falls State Park.
- Monongahela National Forest and Seneca Rocks. Monongahela National Forest.
- The Greenbrier. The Greenbrier.
- Snowshoe. Snowshoe.
- Berkeley Springs.
- New River Gorge National River.
- Whitewater Rafting.
- Harpers Ferry.
What is the largest roadside attraction?
12 giant roadside attractions
- Spud Drive-in giant potato — Driggs, Idaho.
- Largest ball of twine — Cawker City, KS.
- World’s Largest Thermometer — Baker, CA.
- Carhenge — Alliance, NE.
- Casey, IL.
- Big Idaho Potato Hotel — Boise, ID.
- Big Ole — Alexandria, MN.
- Lucy the Elephant — Margate City, NJ.
What is WV known for?
West Virginia News Headlines The state’s rolling mountains, hills and valleys earned it the nickname of The Mountain State, and it is well-known for its range of outdoor activities, including hiking, mountain biking, skiing and whitewater rafting.
What is the largest item in the world?
Sequoia trees. Sequoia trees are the biggest living things on this planet (by volume). They can grow up to 275 feet tall and 26 feet in diameter.
What is the largest map in the world?
“The World’s Largest World Map” measured 88×94 feet (8,272 square feet). It eclipsed an 8,100 square feet representation of California by 172 square feet — good enough to earn the McClintock Map Makers a coveted place in the 1990 Guinness Book of Records. It was dedicated with great fanfare on Dec. 9, 1988.