Who is responsible for roadworks in London?

Who is responsible for roadworks in London?

The Roadworks Charter is a collaboration between TfL and London’s biggest utility companies.

How do I report unsafe roadworks?

Report a dangerous street or roadworks To report a problem with street or roadworks please email us at [email protected]

Can I complain about traffic lights?

Reporting a problem or fault with traffic lights The fault repair and maintenance of traffic lights is carried out by Transport for London (TfL) on our behalf. Please contact them directly by telephone on 0343 222 1234 or complete the streets and road issues form.

How can I complain to TfL?

Choose from one of the following three options to lodge a formal complaint:

  1. Make a complaint online.
  2. Phone: 0343 222 2222 (TfL call charges) International : +44 343 222 2222. Textphone: 020 7649 9123 if you have impaired hearing.
  3. Write to: Customer Services Manager. Congestion Charging.

Who is responsible for road signage?

The council is responsible for installing road signs and markings to regulate traffic and to provide warnings to drivers. The signs used on the public highway are controlled by government regulations.

How long do roadworks last?

Major works are generally works planned to take 11 days or longer. Or they may involve the use of a temporary traffic management order.

Is it illegal to block a road UK?

It is illegal to obstruct the road. If somebody unlawfully assumes ownership of areas of a road, they are breaking the law. If a person, without lawful authority or excuse, in any way wilfully obstructs the free passage along a road, they are also guilty of an offence.

What constitutes an obstruction of the highway?

‘Obstruction’ includes anything that prevents passing and re-passing along the highway.

What if a red light doesn’t change?

When you are at a light that won’t change, it means you are not over the metal detector that signals someone is there. Look for the lines cut in the road and make sure to get your car over the middle. Sometimes it seems like the sensor doesn’t pick up until you’re in the damn crosswalk.

What to Do If traffic lights are not working?

Thankfully, the answer is blissfully simple. When traffic lights aren’t operational (and there aren’t police directing traffic), treat the intersection the same way you would if it had Give Way signs. This means give way to traffic on your right.

How do I dispute a TfL charge?

Making an appeal

  1. To appeal you need to complete the form sent with the notice of rejection.
  2. Do not send this to us but to the address shown on the appeal form.
  3. You may opt for either a personal or postal hearing.
  4. Remember, you only have 28 days from the date of the notice of rejection to appeal to the tribunal.

Where do I go to report roadworks in London?

You must enter at least one location search option. You can also enter a Works owner. You can also report a problem or issue with a set of roadworks with Report IT, our online reporting system.

How to report issues with Streetspace for London?

You can also report issues with temporary measures we’ve installed as part of Streetspace for London. If you’d like to share your thoughts and experiences of Streetspace, complete our feedback form. If you’d like to contact us about anything else, you can either call us on 0343 222 1234 or use this contact form.

How to contact Transport for London about anything?

If you’d like to contact us about anything else, you can either call us on 0343 222 1234 or use this contact form. To help us process your feedback, let us know what kind of comment you’re leaving. It may be quicker to resolve your enquiry by calling you back. Sometimes it’s quicker for us to help by giving you a call. What’s your enquiry about?

How to contact us about streets and road?

To tell us about an urgent safety matter, call 0343 222 1234 ( call charges may apply) or select the ‘safety issues and incidents’ option on the form below. For all non-safety critical matters, we aim to respond to you within 10 working days. This form is for all queries to do with roads and streets, except for reporting roadworks.