Why is my LaCie not working?
Ensure that the interface connectors are properly aligned. Only use certified interface cables, such as the cables provided with your LaCie drive. If you have followed all of these steps and the drive is still not recognized, shut down your computer, wait 3 to 5 minutes, restart your computer and try again.
How do I restore my LaCie drive?
2. How to Recover Data from LaCie Drive
- Select “External Devices Recovery” Launch Recoverit hard disk recovery.
- Scan LaCie external hard drive. Recoverit Data Recovery will do a quick scan on your LaCie hard disk.
- Recover data from LaCie drive. After the scan, you can check all recoverable files.
How long do LaCie drives last?
three to five years
The simplest answer is that they can run smoothly for three to five years.
Why does everyone use LaCie?
Why? Because LaCie Rugged products are the industry’s most trusted way to capture and transport data in the field. Compact, sturdy, and ready for anything, they’re the ideal solution for transporting data on set, in the studio, and into the hands of clients.
Is LaCie compatible with PC?
Yes. The LaCie Fuel is formatted as exFAT which is accessible on both a Mac and a PC.
How do I connect my LaCie hard drive to my PC?
Install Drivers (Windows Only)
- Click Rugged Thunderbolt driver to download the driver.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Double-click Setup.exe.
- Follow the steps to complete the wizard.
- When prompted, restart your computer.
- Connect LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C to your PC using the Thunderbolt cable (see Getting Connected).
Are old hard drives worth anything?
An old hard drive will only fetch a fraction of its purchase price if you try to sell it, but it still can have some value to you if you keep it around. The increased failure rates and lower-performing tech on an older hard drive gives it little monetary value. However, the hard drive can have a second life.